Advanced management tools for Test Run records: Remove Records, change a Record's status to "Paused", point to a different Test Case revision and create Defects.
Use Case Examples:
- A Test Engineer needs to retest a Test Case but wants to reuse the test step results from a previously executed Test Run. With this tool, they can "Pause" a Test Case execution record for a selected Test Case and reuse or modify the test step execution results by resuming the Test Run execution.
- A Test Manager needs to set a Test Case status back to "Waiting" and drop the current Test Run execution results. This tool lets them remove the Test Run records for selected Test Cases so that the Test Run displays the reset Test Cases as "Waiting" (not executed yet).
- A Test Engineer needs to add a Defect to a completed Test Run execution record. (When it's not created automatically.) This tool lets them assign a Defect to the corresponding Test Case record.
This tool is implemented in two variants:
- Live Page Widget designed to be used on the Test Run report page.
(Requires the included com.adva.polarion.servlet.testrun extension.)
- Classic Wiki Page. (A separate wiki tool.)
The extension archive contains three projects:
(A Wiki Page with velocity macros for use as a standalone tool.)
(A Java extension with a servlet that's required for the Live Page Widget.)
(A Java Widget for managing Test Records from the Test Run report page.)