When using widgets and servlets, you often want to parametrize these for a specific Polarion-Project. Currently, the only way to parametrize especially servlets is using the file “polarion.properties” on the server. But with that, the following problems occur:
- The parameters managed in “polarion.properties” are global for all projects on that server, different configurations for different Polarion-Projects are not possible.
- Modifications cannot be done from within Polarion but need server access.
- To take over modifications, Polarion must be restarted, which is not convenient in productional environments.
Polarion allows project-specific “Configuration Properties” – the “Default Repository” does the same globally overall projects. But Polarion does not allow you to access these “Configuration Properties” via an interface.
Invenio created an easy-to-use JAVA library to close this gap. It allows direct access to the Polarion Configuration Properties for own Java applications like e.g., Polarion-Servlets.
Request the value of the configuration property by using the method „getPropertyValue(String projectPath, String propertyName)”.
The return object is an instance of class “PropertyElement” containing a status and the property value:
- The getPolarionProperties-library
- User and Installation Manual