This Workflow Extension will give you the possibility of extending your Project Administration with the help of Work Items!
- Let customers or other departments request new projects for your Polarion installation without giving them permissions to create them on their own. You can check new requests, approve them and directly create the requested Project from the item.
- Copy common user role assignments between projects
- you are missing a subtract operation for calculated fields? Work around it using the CopyField Action. (Detailed instructions can be found in the attached Readme.pdf)
|CreateProject||Create a Project in a specified location.|
|UpdateProjectDetails||Configure Tracker Prefix, name of the Project and the description directly from a Work Item|
|CreateUsers||Create new User(s) directly from a Work Item|
|AssignRoles||Use this extension to reuse project role assignments by just copying a Work Item based configuration|
|AssignAuthor||Assign the Author of an Item as Assignee|
|CopyField||Copy a negative float field value to another field to enable subtraction for calculated fields|
|CreateWorkItemInTargetProject||Create a work item of the specified type in the specified target project|
|DeleteProject||Delete a project directly from a Work Item|
- Create a new Work Item to Manage a new Project and let yourself be assigned to the item
- Create a new Project
- Configure the Project Parameters
- Create new Users for the project
- and assign these new users roles for the new project
- copy a float field to see the negative value of it in the target field
- create a first task in the created project
- delete the project again if the test is done!