This extension for Polarion makes it possible to easily run your own script files before and after saving or creating a Work Item. It's like the polarion workflow function but provides even more possibilities.
You can do a lot with this extension with just a few lines of code. You can find the following scripts as examples delivered with this extension:
- Automatically append a prefix to a Work Item Title if the user has saved or created a new Work Item (title-prefix)
- Check the Work Item Description for weak words and deny saving the Work Item if those weak words are found (weak-words)
- Set custom fields automatically if some conditions are met (for example Work Item description contains specific words) (auto-severity)
- Import/ Export information from external services (for example a PHP site) if a Work Item was created (http-import)
- Link Work Item to other Work Items or create hyperlinks if some conditions are met (create-hyperlink)
- Deny editing some fields (severity, priority, ...) within the Work Item after the Work Item was created (field-lock)
- Deny/ Allow saving or creating Work Items or fields of Work Items for different reasons and independent from project settings (Saving/ Creating only allowed between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, limit or exclude users which can save/ create) (custom-perms)
- Add automatically the current user who has saved/ edited the Work Item as a Watcher, if the Work Item could be saved successfully (auto-watcher)
- After a Work Item was successfully saved, create/update a hyperlink to a wiki page with status information about the current Work Item status (status-hyperlink)
- ... Much more!
- You can edit your scripts on the fly without having to restart Polarion. You edit or create a script and it is instantly active when you perform the next Work Item save.
- Choose whether you want to perform an action before the Work Item will be saved (pre-hook with the option to deny saving) or after the Work Item was successfully saved.
- The scripts will be executed if the user saves the Work Item at the GUI level, but also if you perform save() in a wiki page or if you want to save a Work Item via the web service.
- You can specify user-friendly error messages ("Title must be at least 10 characters long"), which will be displayed to the user if you deny saving a Work Item.