NOTICE: THIS POLARION ALM SOFTWARE EXTENSION IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR DOWNLOAD AND USE BY LICENSED USERS OF POLARION ALM SOFTWARE PRODUCTS. IN CASE YOU HAVE NO VALID POLARION ALM SOFTWARE LICENSE, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO DOWNLOAD, COPY, ACCESS OR USE THIS POLARION ALM SOFTWARE EXTENSION.
This software extension is licensed to you under the same license terms and conditions as applicable for the Polarion ALM software product to which the downloaded extension will be added.
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTIES PROVIDED IN THE APPLICABLE SOFTWARE LICENSE, SIEMENS MAKES AND CUSTOMER RECEIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES. ANY STATEMENTS OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE AND ITS FUNCTIONALITY IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH YOU CONSTITUTE TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND NOT AN EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE. IN ADDITION, SIEMENS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SIEMENS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
In addition please note that this extension is eligible for support services and that consequently any current maintenance and support services you may have purchased (if any) in connection to your Polarion ALM software will also cover this software extension.
By clicking the “Download” button below, you signify that you have read this statement and that you agree to these principles. If you do not agree, please click the "X" button located in the top right corner of this window and do not download this extension as you will not be entitled to copy, access or use it.
Next Generation Polarion Connector for MATLAB Simulink®-family products lets you link and publish Simulink models, Stateflow charts and System Composer architectures with Polarion Work Items and Live Documents.
The new Polarion Connector for Simulink® allows for a much-improved user experience over earlier versions of the connector. For the first time, Polarion itself has been directly embedded into the Simulink desktop client to support a larger set of customer use cases and reduce inconvenient App context switching.
Also, another first for the new connector is that it will work with Simulink requirements. Users can then use the popular drag and drop approach to create traceability between requirements and model elements. Then depending on connector settings, surrogate Simulink items can be created in Polarion for any linked model elements. These surrogate Simulink items are rich in information too with block parameter data and where applicable model diagrams. The integration automatically links the surrogate Simulink items back to original Polarion requirements as well.
As with earlier connector releases you can navigate from Simulink model elements to its associated Polarion Work Item and vice versa.
Extending the supported use cases even further, users can work with Polarion Live documents directly or across the entire Polarion project scope. When working with Polarion LiveDoc documents it is possible to work with document baselines or earlier revisions.
We also simplified setting up the connector to work with multiple Polarion servers or multiple projects within each server. A Polarion project can also work with multiple Simulink models at once.
To maintain backward compatibility with earlier connector releases, the new connector also supports publish and direct linking to existing Polarion Work Items and requirements. This mode can work with or without surrogates Simulink items as well.
Additionally, we have added the ability to link Simulink blocks to a newly created Work Item on the fly. This means you can take advantage of Polarion’s powerful task and defect/issue management capabilities to create, for example, defect/issue Work Items against your model and link those Work Items to specific model elements.
The new connector works with Simulink Family 2021b, including Simulink, Stateflow, and System Composer, and requires Simulink Requirements.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Updated November 2022
Changes for 3.1.1 New Features:
- SC-548 - Register a check, that MATLAB is running on the proper port for RMI
- SC-545 - In MATLAB 2022b QuickAccessBar doesn't show Polarion button
- SC-550 - If there is an unresolvable item in LiveDoc, import/refresh to Simulink is failing with exception
- SC-543 - On running Update Backlinks there could be an exception in the isSystemComposerModel (file not on the path)
- SC-558 - MATLAB R2022b: Polarion Context Selector - progress bar on loading projects and documents is shown behind the Selector dialog
- SC-555 - Update Backlinks not working with Matlab 2022b/Update1
- SC-560 - Unresolvable links in LinkSet (.slmx) may cause Polarion Clean-up to crash
Changes for 3.1.0 New Features:
- Support the ability to map Polarion work-item types to Simulink requirement types (Functional, container, and informational)
- Added support for Polarion personal authentication tokens (PAT) for authentication with Polarion
- Added ability to customize how Simulink block information is presented and ordered in the Polarion surrogate item
- Added a new Start page configuration property to allow users to specify a start page URL for Polarion when Polarion first opens on the launch of the connector pane
- Added a new customizations folder to the installation that includes several customization scripts to support extended functionality. Please refer to the folder for more details
- SC-503 - There is an [syntax] error shown when the user defines several configurations for the same server URL and calls Polarion Context Selector
- SC-464 - Optimize "Open in Polarion" behavior not to refresh Polarion views on each request
- SC-492 - Improve behavior of progress indicator on loading of LiveDocs
- SC-491 - If there is an explicit link between the "Import1" node and the top-level diagram, there is a warning in the console
- SC-466 - Extra parameters in URL (like 'hide_navigator' or 'selection=wi-123') may be considered as change of ReqSet configuration
- SC-465 - Fix issues with models, which keep linking data internally
- SC-451 - If problems (e.g., network connectivity) problems occur during "Refresh" - it may lead to an empty ReqSet and loss of all the links to it
- SC-449 - If there was an error during initial import to a ReqSet, there is no possibility to overwrite broken ReqSet
Changes for 3.0.0
- Improved compatibility with Simulink 2022a
Changes for Beta 2a
- Fixed regression where it was not possible to add a new project
- Improved handling of baselined or document revisions where links are maintained where possible
Changes for Beta 2
- Added a new Hide/Show Polarion pane action button to easily control the visibility of the Polarion navigation pane directly inside of Simulink
- Improved rich text support for imported Polarion requirements
- Added a new Polarion clean-up action button, to automatically remove deleted links or surrogate Work Items when changes have been made to the Simulink model
- Added a new Link Picker when using direct link mode. Note old mechanism is still supported
- Improved support for traceability and backlink processing, with Simulink System Composer
- Several bug fixes and improved compatibility