The System of Systems Template (SOS Template ;-) adresses following uses cases
- Manage different System versions and maintain the consistency of all related specification documents.
- Produce System baselines with a historic Traceability report for a selected System and its related documents.
- Create new versions of a System and automatically reuse all the related specification documents.
- Manage a System's Issues and Change Requests.
- Manage a System's software Releases and Patches.
- Workflows for Systems, Releases, Change Requests, Defects, System Requirements, System Test Cases, and Tasks.
- Build a System of Systems and automatically reuse all sub-Systems and related specification documents.
- Reuse a Reference System that contains sub-Systems to start new customer projects
- Reuse sub-Systems from other projects.
- View what Systems were reused and what use cases they were reused for.
- View which Requirements/Test Cases/etc. are part of what System version.
- View Traceability reports for a System and its sub-Systems.
In a Nutshell
- A System is represented by a Product/System Work Item type.
- All specification documents of a Product/System are listed and can be edited in the corresponding Work Item field.
- Each Product/System has at least one linked Release that tracks all the information about the released Product. (For software, it contains links to the source code, builds, and related Test Runs). For a patch release, a Product/System has several Release Work Items linked to it.
- Product/System: Documents the behavior of the System.
- Release: Documents the actual deliverable.
- When you create a new version of a System, use the new Version button. It will create a new System Work Item and branch all relevant specification documents.
- In a new version of a Product/System, you must overwrite the original Work Items whenever you want to change a System Requirement or System Test Case in a specification document.
- If a Product/System is composed of sub-Systems, you can easily add them to the sub-System section in the Work Item form . Sub-Systems are also represented by Product/System Work Items. Any System can be a sub-System of another System. Sub-Systems are added to the Product/System in the Sub Systems field.
- See the readme.txt file in the distribution package.
Enjoy and have fun with the template.