The System of Systems Template (SOS Template ;-) addresses the following uses cases
- Manage different System versions and maintain the consistency of all related specification documents.
- Produce System baselines with a historic Traceability report for a selected System and its related documents.
- Create new versions of a System and automatically reuse all the related specification documents.
- Manage a System's Issues and Change Requests.
- Manage a System's software Releases and Patches.
- Workflows for Systems, Releases, Change Requests, Defects, System Requirements, System Test Cases, and Tasks.
- Build a System of Systems and automatically reuse all sub-Systems and related specification documents.
- Reuse a Reference System that contains sub-Systems to start new customer projects
- Reuse sub-Systems from other projects.
- View what Systems were reused and what use cases they were reused for.
- View which Requirements/Test Cases/etc. are part of what System version.
- View Traceability reports for a System and its sub-Systems.
In a Nutshell
- A System is represented by a Product/System Work Item type.
- All specification documents of a Product/System are listed and can be edited in the corresponding Work Item field.
- Each Product/System has at least one linked Release that tracks all the information about the released Product. (For software, it contains links to the source code, builds, and related Test Runs). For a patch release, a Product/System has several Release Work Items linked to it.
- Product/System: Documents the behavior of the System.
- Release: Documents the actual deliverable.
- When you create a new version of a System, use the new Version button. It will create a new System Work Item and branch all relevant specification documents.
- In a new version of a Product/System, you must overwrite the original Work Items whenever you want to change a System Requirement or System Test Case in a specification document.
- If a Product/System is composed of sub-Systems, you can easily add them to the sub-System section in the Work Item form. Sub-Systems are also represented by Product/System Work Items. Any System can be a sub-System of another System. Sub-Systems are added to the Product/System in the Sub Systems field.
- See the readme.txt file in the distribution package.
Enjoy and have fun with the template.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Updated October 2021
Changes for 1.2 - 1.3.1
- SOS-17551 - Introduced User Story as additional work item type
- SOS-17549 - $sosUtil Tool to improve scripting on top of SOS Template
- SOS-17545 - systemRequirement workitem: changedBecause is now a multi-enum field
- SOS-17544 - Removed sosQueryExtension from build
- SOS-16969 - Step by step guide now has work item type description
- SOS-16959 - Release note contains known issues section
- SOS-16469 - Better description on traceability report
- SOS-16396 - Workflow Change: Overwrite & Relink now also checks BlackBox specification
- SOS-16248 - Additional Button in Release Notes: System Backlog
- SOS-16161 - Change workflow of the change request to rejected now requires to add a resolution
- SOS-16160 - Warning message in a document that document is automatically generated
- SOS-15930 - More advanced delete operation
- SOS-15389 - System Button Bar must now be clicked to expand
- SOS-15388 - System Plan now displays changedBecause information
- SOS-15383 - Button to open or create a plan for the system
- SOS-15242 - Traceability report has additional information that you can click on the headings and link back to system work item
- SOS-15243 - Buttons to prioritize defects and change requests in backlog report
- SOS-15301 - Display SOS Template Release information on project homepage
- SOS-17548 - the custom field in the user story work item was not replaced with project-id
- SOS-17547 - unreadable character in legal notice
- SOS-17546 - Plan shows too many item in "attention needed" section
- SOS-17257 - SOSQueryExtension creates to much logging information
- SOS-17255 - Kanban board in release plan does only respect states of CR work items
- SOS-16977 - Typo in configuration parameter template document
- SOS-16960 - Option: Do not copy custom fields was ignored in "Component New Version" Widget
- SOS-16876 - Create new Plan Button on Backlog report did not work correctly
- SOS-16527 - Removed duplicate confirmation message in deep deletion page
- SOS-16216 - Problem to add/remove documents from a variant
- SOS-15589 - Create a new document and add to system fails if document title cannot be resolved
- SOS-15476 - Create new version fails to branch referenced documents if baseline exists in project with empty description
- SOS-16978 - Impossible to create a new version when "" are in title
- SOS-16956 - Compare Variant Configuration report does not always show overwritten work items
Changes for 1.1 - 1.2
- SOS-15263 - Reuse System Action with "better" description
- SOS-15246 - System Backlog Report displays related variants
- SOS-15233 - System View (Versions) now displays older releases in Status published
- SOS-14762 - Changed Form Filter for Change Request and Defect Work Item
- SOS-14761 - Info Message in "New Version Dialog" when baselines exist
- SOS-14697 - Improved Navigation From a System Work Item
- SOS-15245 - Create a new version of the system also duplicates the plan
- SOS-15244 - Copy variant also copies the related plan
- SOS-15231 - Change assignee and author of template work items to admin whenever a user is set
- SOS-15196 - Remove non-standard users from the project template
- SOS-14827 - Documents are not displayed correctly after patch 1
- SOS-14819 - White Box Documents: Dropdown menu is not displayed correctly
- SOS-14817 - Create a new version widget: Fields not to duplicate is ignored
Changes for 1.0 - 1.1
- QuickStart guide with videos
- Possibility to create variants for a system
- Variant comparison Report
- Release notes report
- Support of black box and white box specifications
- Support of Polarion Collections (Collections can be created by workflow)
- UI enhancements
- Display changed requirements directly in related change request
- See the release note in the download package for more information on bug fixes and improvements