The Polarion ISO 26262 Template guides you through ISO 26262 Part 3's Concept Phase.
This template comes with a predefined set of Work Item types, workflows, link roles and custom fields for hazards, safety goals and functional safety requirements.
LiveReports are used to explain the concepts of the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment according to ISO 26262 - Part 3 and the usage of the Polarion ISO 26262 Template.
Creation and management of Hazards, Safety Goals and Functional Safety Requirements is done using the predefined Work Item types, predefined Polarion LiveDocs, and LiveReports. ASIL determination and inheritance are managed by Polarion.
Multiple predefined reports help to ensure traceability and compliance with ISO 26262 - Part 3.
The Polarion ISO 26262 template is integrated with the Polarion ALM project template as an example of how functional safety extends existing V-model based processes.
You can use this template for:
- Requirements Management – to define high level requirements, manage them in LiveDocs and go through review/approval process.
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment – to identify malfunctions, system hazards and formulate safety goals
- Safety Requirements Management – to define technical, hardware, software safety requirements. Manage then in LiveDocs and go through review/approval process.
- Change Management – to create change request, link to requirements, derive tasks and implement changes in system design, software, etc.
- Issue/Defect Management – throughout development process and later during maintenance you can manage Issues/Defects, link them to Change Requests, Requirements and to implementation Tasks.
- Quality Assurance – to define Test Cases and manage test sessions for different versions/releases of your product. Import test results from external systems and automatically create new test cases during import.