Attachment Upload extension allows users to drop files directly from the file managers to Work Item Form via Drag&Drop.
- This feature uses HTML5 File API and is compatible with all modern browsers.
- The extension is checking if File API is enabled and warns user if support is not provided.
- Extension is rendering a small drop-box control, where the file drops are expected.
- When the file is successfully uploaded, you'll see a confirmation message.
- You may drop several files at once, they will be processed sequentially
- ...only confirmation of the last file upload will be shown afterwards
- If there were any errors - you'll see a warning message about it.
- If there was already a file with this name in attachment, Polarion will create a new attachment with the same label (different name in storage) - only a warning will be shown by the extension
- When upload is complete, you'd need to refresh Work Item form to see it (no automatic refresh of the screen)
- Extract attached archive into following folder:
- Restart Polarion
- Include reference to the extension in the Form Layout configuration settings