Please consider implementing the use case you are looking for using a LivePage.
This wiki page allows you to display all Work Items which can not be traced to other Work Items.
It works in following way:
You define two queries: rootQuery and targetQuery
Then the page will display all Work Items of root query which are not linked to Work Items of target query. You can use it to find
- requirements without Test Cases
- requirements without refinement via solutions
- requirements without tasks
The target query can be without project scope. This allows you to analyze the whole repository for untraceable items.
Be aware that this will take more time and more ressources
The script can take some time to perform the calculation as it has to iterate through each item found by the root query. Then it has to check if the item has a linked item which was found by the target query.
So be patient if you query for 2000+ items in root query. Also be aware that you may need to increase memory for the java process on the server.
1) create a new wiki page with name: FindUntraceable in your project
2) copy content of FindUntraceable.txt into the created wiki page
3) save the page