Attachment Upload extension allows users to drop files directly from the file managers to Work Item form via Drag & Drop.
This feature uses HTML5 File API, and therefore [unfortunately] is not supported by all browsers.
The extension was tested with last versions of Chrome and FireFox and works ok, also, tells community, this supposes to work with Internet Explorer 10.
- The extension is checking if File API is enabled and warns user if support is not provided.
- Extension is rendering a small drop-box control, where the file drops are expected.
- When the file is successfully uploaded, you'll see a confirmation message.
- You may drop several files at once, they will be processed sequentially (only confirmation of the last file upload will be shown afterwards)
- If there were any errors - you'll see a warning message about it.
- If there was already a file with this name in attachment, Polarion will create a new attachment with the same label (different name in storage) - only a warning will be shown by the extension
- When upload is complete, you'd need to refresh Work Item form to see it (no automatic refresh of the screen)
- extract attached archive into <polarion install folder>/polarion/extensions folder - as result, file paths should look like
- include reference to the extension in the Form Layout configuration settings (Administration -> Work Items -> Form Configuration -> Form Layout Configuration
<extension id="attachmentupload" label="Drop attachments files here"/>
where "id" must be "attachmentupload" and label will appear as title of the panel